Monday, July 2, 2012

Twinned Basket in Progress

On Saturday I took a class at Fusion Beads called "Egg Basket: Oval Twined Wire Bowl". The class was taught by Marilyn Moore. I have wanted to take one of Marilyn's classes for years, so I was excited. Marilyn is a great teacher.

This is my egg basket in progress - for reference the bit I have done is about 1" across at the widest point. I had a little trouble getting the hang of it - I actually think I would have learned it faster if I had no textile experience - I've done a lot of things that involve various types of woven structures but this was my 1st experience at twining.

I am, however, enthused by the possibilities and am excited to finish my basket and see what ideas I can come up with on my own.

The basket "ribs" are 18 gauge and the twinning wires, held in bundles of 6 or 7, are 32 or 34 gauge. I started with copper and fuchsia wires but plan to introduce some purple.

No comments: