Friday, July 13, 2012

Little House in the Woods

This painting is sort of Little House in the Big Woods meets Tree House (a poem by Shel Silverstein)

"A tree house, a free house,
A secret you and me house,
A high up in the leafy branches
Cozy as can be house."

It's 8 x 8" and available on Etsy.

Last night I was listening to Anne Lamott's audio program, "Word by Word." (It's not actually a book, it's a recording of a lecture.) I seem to really enjoy anything about creativity, and it does not make much difference to me whether it's about writing or story telling or visual art or acting or what have you... it all comes from the same place. I wish I could find more creative types to hang out with in real life but at least I have the internet...

Back to Anne. She suggested making a list of your favorite words and here are some of mine:


Subtle
Inexorable
Sepia
Grey (with an e)
Intricate
Silence
Forest
Fauna
Minaret
Scrimshaw
Sanguine
Desert

These words do make appearances in my art and writing. I think I'll keep adding to the list as I think of it.

No comments: