Friday, July 20, 2012

Three Birds

threebirds by megan_n_smith_99
threebirds, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is the most recent watercolor I have completed, though I am working on some other things, including a series that no one has seen but me. I'm enjoying that series but also struggling a little with the line between doing a body of work and being "too repetitious". that repetitious bit is possibly my inner critic talking.

I recently finished two very different books about old growth forests - or what little scraps are left of them, anyway. Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock and Winter: Notes From Montana by Rick Bass. They both made me want to go out to the woods. But not today, it's been pouring for hours. I had read Mythago Woods before, years ago, and it was not a strange as I remembered it being, but I think I had a high fever the first time I read it.

I really need to do some chores today but I hope to paint too.

Three Birds
8 x 8"
Watercolor and Ink
Available on Etsy.

No comments: