Thursday, July 5, 2012

Of The Deep

Of The Deep by megan_n_smith_99
Of The Deep, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I am sort of glad the 4th is over. I am just not a huge fan of explosions of any kind. Also it's a well known fact that summer does not really start in Seattle until after the 4th. Some might argue that summer NEVER starts in Seattle. I think I am okay with that at the moment because as much as I'd like more sun, I am glad it is only 65* out at the moment and we are not having water rations or forest fires.

This little drawing is white Prismacolor on black paper, which I really enjoy working with. An art supply store just opened in my neighborhood! It's very exciting. I went in Sunday and bought 4 white Prismacolors from open stock and I can see I'll be going back soon. I go through them pretty fast, and the sad thing about Prismacolors is that the lovely soft lead is prone to shatter. So never EVER drop your Prismacolors. I did not drop any of these but one of them has been breaking a lot. It's the high clay content that makes the pencils soft, but also prone to breaking. They are lovely, though, so if you've never tried them but are interested in drawing with pencil or colored pencil, I do recommend them.

Of The Deep
5 x 7 inches
white Prismacolor on Black paper ( Strathmore Artagain drawing paper, coal black. It's called Artagain because it is made of recycled paper.)
Available on Etsy

No comments: