Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gatherer

gatherer by megan_n_smith_99
gatherer, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I had not done any paintings in my Forest Creature series for a while - though I AM working some b&w drawings of Forest Spirits. Forest creatures can be distinguished from Forest Spirits as they are generally more colorful and corporeal than Forest Spirits. This one, in search of dinner, has located 2 succulent toadstools. (Don't try this at home. Forest creatures are better versed in both forest lore and mycology than you are.)

It has been a good weekend. I was in a lot more pain than usual for about a week and finally the last 2 days have been better. It's also finally been sunny and I've been spending more time outdoors, and less time on-line. I like to sit in the park or outside a tea or coffee shop, drawing. I really need to make up a set of half pan watercolors to bring along. I use my tube paints like pans, really. After I use them I let them dry and then rewet later to use again - so I could just take the palettes I guess but I have 5 or 6 of them going at the moment. I really need to decide what colors are mandatory and make up a more simple travel palette. My watercolors are for the most part small and therefore portable. As of late I've been taking pen and ink and pencil as my portable projects.

There are so many things I want to draw, paint, sew, and knit. There is never enough time, though it is still better to have more ideas than time, rather than the other way around.

Gatherer
4 x 6 inches
Watercolor and ink on paper (The paper is Da Vinci Paint Co,, watercolor postcards. It does not give any more details but I think it is 140 lb cold press.)
Available on Etsy

No comments: