Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dragon Mural + Tea Paintings

dragon mural by megan_n_smith_99
dragon mural, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

In honor of the year of the dragon, This is a photo I took in SF in 2008. It was someplace in Chinatown. I have only been to SF once but my favorite parts that I saw were Chinatown and the Mission District. There was so much to see that I hope to go back one of these days.

This weekend I have been working on a new little series of tea themed paintings. I'd like to find some tea houses to show them in. I do have one scheduled for October, but that's a ways away. These paintings are 5 x 7" so would be easy to ship even framed. If you know of any place that might welcome a show of Tea themed art, let me know! And we'll see - maybe I will have one as the February give-away.

I have been feeling quite under the weather but yesterday was nice. My friends Janusz and Alex came over and brought me gluten free bread and pho. I have barely left the house other than the pharmacy and doctor's appointments and had not actually done anything social in weeks so it was nice to have some company.

Today I've painted some, knitted a bit, and then when I felt anxious and needed something to do with my hands I wound two 440 yard skeins of yarn into balls. I don't have a swift or a ball winder, I just do it the old fashioned way, which depending on how you look at it is either inefficient or meditative.

I think it will soon be reading in bed time. I know the excitement in my life is nearly breathtaking.

No comments: