Friday, January 20, 2012

Autumn Tree & Cherie Priest

Autumn Tree by megan_n_smith_99
Autumn Tree, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.


Edit: I decided I did not gush enough about Cherie Priest. Although the vampire novels are not my favorite of hers they WERE enjoyable and well written. And I just love her other books, especially Boneshaker and Wings to the Kingdom. I have a fondness for civil-war fantasy and you know there really isn't very much of it!

Well, there's still snow on the ground. I don't think I would call myself technically snowed in, but I can't think of anyplace I want to go enough to brave the cold! I'll figure out something to do tomorrow.

I've been knitting and painting and reading and watching some DVDs. I finished Cherie Priest's vampire novels. Bloodshot and Hellbent. She definitely is a better writing and crafter of plots than I lot of people writing vampire novels, so if you are interested in the genre I suggest you give them a try! I enjoyed them but prefer her other series. She wrote a sort of southern gothic series (the Eden Moore series) and a steam punk series (Clockwork Century). I really like the Eden Moore series and the steam punk series is a lot of fun. My favorite of those was Boneshaker, which features some Seattle history and parts of which are set in the Seattle underground. You can get more information on her website.

Autumn Tree
8 x 10 inches
watercolor and ink on paper
available on Etsy.

No comments: