Thursday, February 16, 2012

violin I

violin I by megan_n_smith_99
violin I, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I don't have any new art to show you today, though i am working on some things. i have a new idea and i am struggling a bit to figure out how to bring it to life.

here is something from the archives - a violin i painted. it's acrylic paint and inks. It's still playable though I don't have strings or pegs on it. And actually it's 3/4 size which would require a little adjusting for me. I am not sure if my fingers are quite small enough to play it with dexterity! It's more intended as a work of art and it's hanging on my wall right now. I have another full sized one I should paint -- it needs to be sanded down. I've also considered painting my student violin, though it's in a friend's attic at the moment.

I had a very nice Valentine's day. a girlfriend was sweet enough to include my in their family celebration, along with her sister. They made me feel special indeed. I stayed the night and babysat yesterday. The children were very well behaved and did not attempt to run me ragged. (I don't know how people with toddlers manage every day? Ingrid and Finn are 4 and 2 years old - quite a handful at times.)

I am hoping to get some art time in today!
I've still been listing some more interesting things on eBay including some hard o find patterns, beading books, other art books, and limited edition prints by Audrey Kawasaki. And in related news my job hunt continues!

No comments: