Thursday, February 9, 2012

Red Tea Dragon

Red Tea Dragon by megan_n_smith_99
Red Tea Dragon, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I have been trying to get in touch with Cynthiacc, the winner of the February give-way. Cynthia, could you email me your address? Every page of my website has an email link: www.megannoel.com.

Yesterday was a good day. My mother and I went out to brunch and then I helped her with her crocheting. At least I hope I helped. She was working on some freeform knit / crochet. If you don't know what that is you should check out Prudence Mapstone. I got to meet Prudence once when she was a guest at Seattle Yarn, and she was just as charming as one might hope.

Yesterday evening I painted while listening to A.S. Byatt's The Game. When I was a teenager I drew dozens of dragons in colored pencil. They were inspired by Chinese dragons, rather than European dragons. Chinese dragons as associated with luck and water and are very colorful- while European dragons are drabber and seem to be associated with greed and power. Perhaps I am biased or read too much Tolken at a young age.

Two of my dragons are on Etsy. Enjoy! Also I have some eBay auctions for craft / art books (including some out of print rarities and some Japanese craft books) which you can see here.

No comments: