Saturday, January 1, 2011

peacock Swirls


peacock
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

Happy New Year!

This is a painting I did for my friend Kathy and her husband, who I got to spend the day with yesterday. It was a nice way to end the year - wrapped up in a blanket, eating homemade paella and sipping punch! They live on Vashon Island - where I grew up - and a favorite place of mine. It's hard to believe I WAS really there because the power did not go out once. We did see 3 three deer as we left for the ferry, that was certainly appropriate! Fortunately none of them decided to wander into the road.

Jesse met me at the ferry and we had a nice dinner, then he went out with his roommate and I went home and drew and went to bed. I'm not much of a party animal!

Happy 2011!

No comments: