Wednesday, January 26, 2011

blackberry bramble skirt


blackberry bramble skirt
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

I am trying to finish up some knitting projects, rather than just starting new ones. I am not really sure why I set this skirt project down last summer but I've picked it up again and am enjoying working on it. The two greens right under my hand in this photo are lovely hand dyed yarns from String Theory and Mountain Colors. I am making this pattern up.

“Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches." -- Federico Garcia Lorca

4 comments:

Mardi said...

I am doing the same thing lately in finishing and taking care of projects planned for months. Even though I have not started on a project, if it has been planned, it feels like an unfinished one and nags at me.

Mardi said...

...I meant to say that I love the greens you are growing there!

Megan Noel said...

Mardi - there is something satisfying about finishing projects - and usually when I get back to them I wonder why I ever left them?

Mardi said...

You are so right about that! There is one that is trying to be very elusive with me. I think what happened is that I am having new ideas about what I want to create with the yarns. I also want to branch out into other media. It is tedious of me to be confined to one craft for long!