Tuesday, January 18, 2011

blue tuesday?


2011 sketch journal
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

It was good to have a 3-day weekend. I was reading that in Great Britain the 3rd Monday in January is known as Blue Monday - the most depressing day of the year. Holidays over and Spring far far away. I think the US has somewhat eased that pain by celebrating Martin Luther King's life on the 3rd Monday in January (and some people get the day off.) But maybe they only defer the color blue... Tuesday is looking a bit bleak to me today. Not blue but grey, a color any Northwesterner is quite familiar with as it is the color of the sky for much of the year.

Anyhow. I did have a restful 3 day weekend. Sketched some, knit some, watched some Torchwood and Sherlock. Read some. Went to a memorial service for the beloved father of a friend. and spent some time with my mother.

If you need a little lift this blue Tuesday, The 1st 5 to comment will get something in the mail. But you need to give me your address too!

There are email links on my website : http://www.megannoel.com

3 comments:

Gina said...

How sweet of you, Megan! I would love to get some mail art from you; your intricate sketches are so beautiful. My Dad died January 7th and today is my first day back to work; you could say it’s a bit of a
blue Tuesday for me.

Marti said...

Not blue - since the skies here generally are. And a few things that had been entangling me have been straightened out today. Just wanted to write and say how much I love my Megan Noel travel mug. Just beautiful. Roommate Deb likes hers as well. (I stashed your gift and Mom's under the tree for Deb to discover when we packed up the Christmas stuff, so she just got them.) Hope you find something to lift your mood today!

steph said...

How sweet of you Megan...I was/am going through a little blue moment...Have been following your work and you are my inspiration...Have a good day!! Steph:

slpurpleart@gmail.com