Monday, January 10, 2011

basic baby hat


basic baby hat
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

Pantone says that pink will be the color this year, but I went for orange in this case. This hat was for a babyshower this weekend for a baby of unknown gender (well, unknown by me and its parents, it probably knows itself and will share that information soon when it feels like emerging.) anyway that being the case I decided bright orange would be good, and I suppose it has the added advantage of making your baby easy to spot in a crowd.

the pattern is Deep South Fiber's Basic Baby Hat. The yarn is Pima Cotton & Silk Hand Paint in the color called flame.

It WAS a busy weekend. white elephant party friday night, baby shower Saturday. Sunday I stayed in bed and knitted whole listeing to Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire audio book. And I took several naps and read some (Connie Willis' Blackout, so good!)

and now it's back to work.

No comments: