Sunday, December 14, 2008

a little vignette by the tv


a little vignette by the tv
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

this is part of my christmas decorating. i made the beaded dolls, mother yeti, winter, and the bear shaman. the bear shaman's porcelain face was made by shannon mayfield, who is really gifted. winter's face is a tea dyed carved bone face (probably from bali, i think.) this little vignette is by my television, in a little spare corner.

i had a mostly quiet weekend, reading, beading, and knitting. i am working on some christmas things. i also started a vest for me at a moment when i needed something really mindless. (the back and front are 2x2 rib up to just under the rib cage, so that part is mindless.) the yarn is donegal tweed, taupe with flashes of jade and burgundy, with little bits of straw here and there, so you know it's good fresh wool. i remember all that from the farm. sometime i will tell you about helping with the fleeces on the farm.

i have my things ready to mail, and a lot of things wrapped and ready. a few more things to pick up. i think i will send new year's cards this year because i just need to do less! i have a few things i am planning to do for new year's or 12th night gifts, too. the main thing being that i said i would make wrist-warmers for the girls who work for me.

i went out to thai food with 3 friends on saturday and then to a birthday party. last night and this morning it has been snowing -- and COLD. i am not looking forward to walking to work tomorrow. i am going to go wash my hair now, i don't want damp hair in the morning.
p.s. kathy just told me that the pod pattern in my last post is from secret snowbird

1 comment:

Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

I LOVE your vignette! What a wonderful trio of characters. And so beautifully made...It was -17 degrees here last night!!! It is 1:45 in the afternoon now-it has warmed up to
one degree! Oh my goodness...My California blood is protesting...C