Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Flowering of Spring

This is my latest watercolor. It is finally spring in the Northwest. The cherry trees are in bloom, the crocuses and daffodils are coming up, and I think it's been a day or 2 since any of us had snow. (I don't get much at my house since I am very close to sea level but some areas close by are still getting snow.)


When I did this painting I penciled in the outline of the tree, but the rest was all free hand, or free form, or flow of consciousness - all sort of spiraling out from the tree bark. Tree bark is one of my favorite things to paint - that and hair, I guess. I love all the sinuous lines and earthy tones.

The Flowering of Spring
8 x 10 inches
Watercolor on paper
Available on Etsy

1 comment:

Megan Noel said...

oh, wait, I was wrong. There is still snow in some places.