Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunset Deer

Sunset Deer by megan_n_smith_99
Sunset Deer, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Well, it was Independence Day in the US yesterday but I did not do much. Traditionally it is the day to BBQ and blow things up. I am ok with BBQ but blowing things up does not especially interest me. I felt bad for all the firefighters and rescue workers who had a VERY busy day yesterday (not only fireworks related issues but water rescues as well, it being boating season.)

So I just went to the park with a blanket and lay around and read a bit. Then I came home and started painting. This is my latest. I am not sure where the moody sort of 70s-ish color schemes are coming from. Even if I plan a specific color scheme it seems my brush goes where it will on my pallet and the ending is sometimes a surprise!

What colors are you drawn to right now? What colors do you think will be "popular" in the coming months? I am seeing a lot of grey and yellow together recently.

Sunset Deer
5 x 7 inches
watercolor and ink on paper
available on etsy.

No comments: