Monday, July 4, 2011

Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope by megan_n_smith_99
Kaleidoscope, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Happy Independence Day, if you live in the United States. Though really given how the US was colonized and all the sorrow that came about back then AND my dislike of loud exploding things I can't say it's my favorite holiday. I know I sound like a grumpy old lady! Fireworks are illegal in the city limits of Seattle but of course people set them off anyway and the last few evenings have been punctuated by bangs and sirens.

Ok, I will stop being grumpy now. For the record I FULLY support of 4th of July picnics - especially if there are cupcakes and lemonade - though I have not been invited to any, so I might just go to the park on my own in a little while.

This is my most recent painting:
Kaleidoscope
5 by 7 inches
Watercolor on paper
Available on etsy

I should also mention that my new favorite thing over on the internet is Pinterest. Here are my Pin Boards if you would like to see them. If you would like an invite to Pinterest, let me know, I have a few!

No comments: