Friday, July 1, 2011

Little Bird

Little Bird by megan_n_smith_99
Little Bird, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I've been trying to tie up some loose ends this week. Why does that always take so long? Well, among other things I've reorganizes some of my art supplies and finished a skirt I've been knitting for almost a year (off and on). I need to enlist someone to take a picture of me wearing it! It's all earthy greens. It's merino and silk but sadly you actually can get away with wearing merino in Seattle during the summer - not every day, but often enough!

This little fellow sort of looks like a Chickadee, though I was not actually looking at one or a photo of one when I painted it so I am sure I applied plenty of artistic license, as usual.

Little Bird
4 x 4 inches
watercolor and ink on Arches Aquarelle paper (300 lb, cold press) using Daniel Smith watercolors and a Faber-Castell Pitt pen, size S.

No comments: