Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter wonderland and water colors


watercolors
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

Well, it's the 1st snow of the year in the Northwest. As usual panic has ensued. However, in our defense 1) It does not show very often and therefore we do not have a lot of equipment to deal with it, nor a large budget for it. and 2) Seattle has many steep hills.

I walk to work so other than being unusually cold and asthmatic, I can get around fine. Though I think I may lay in some tinned milk. One can always live out of ones cupboards but if one is out of milk for tea one will suffer. It will probably only last a few days so I do not that worried, but if it last longer than that the grocery store will run out of things like milk. and 2 years ago - eggnog. It's a shame to run out of eggnog on Christmas Eve! I had to buy silknog. It was better than I thought it would be.

Yesterday I spent most of the day wrapped in blankets listening to an audio book and painting. I am really excited about some koi I started painting, but in the meantime here are some more paintings featuring Quinacridone and another painting inspired by peacock feathers.

No comments: