Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quinacridone


original watercolor
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

i can not tell you how glad i am to have this last week behind me. it was one of the most stressful and in a long time.

i wanted to share with you this painting i made with my new daniel smith watercolors. Jesse got me the Quinacridone paint set from Daniel Smith for my birthday. This is one of the paintings I've done since then. It is 4 x 4". These are beautiful colors! Wikipedia says quinacridone is C20H12N2O2. I do not think I can remember that. I had to look it up. (I had a year of college chemistry, you know I think this is the 1st time I've pulled any of that information into the front of my brain in years. It's good to know I can still understand a molecular formula!

No comments: