Wednesday, November 10, 2010

watercolor week


watercolor
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

I've taken the week off work and it's been lovely. lots of watercolor and knitting, reading books (The End of the Land by David Grossman and 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The 2nd I read close to 20 years ago and is even better now.)

I've not been online much, though. I will have to get my scanner out and scan some of the paintings I've worked on. Seems I am usually so tired when I get home from work that I dink around on the internet more and do other things less. Which is really too bad because I doubt anyone ever gets to the end of their life and looks back saying "I really wish I'd spent more time on Craig's List" or what have you.

Today is my 40th birthday and I opted to spend it alone painting, and have no regrets about that. I had a nice day with my mother on Monday and last night my boyfriend and I went out to dinner for our birthdays (his was yesterday) and will likely celebrate some more this weekend. Tomorrow I am spending time with one of my favorite people, my Island friend Kathy. So it's been a good week.

happy birthday to my twin sister Marti, I just got off the phone with you but I will say it again!

No comments: