Thursday, November 11, 2010

peacock


peacock
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

this is something i am still working on. well, this painting is done but the idea i am still working on. i am rather pleased so far, though my 2nd attempt which i am not showing you did not come out quite as well. you pretty much have to be willing to create some art you are not happy with to end up with art you ARE happy with so it's all part of the process. anyhow i worked on this mostly while listening to the audio book of donna tartt's The Secret History, which is delightfully creepy but not scary. I have read the book a few times. I am not sure why I like to listen to audio books of books I have read, but I do. I suppose it is sort of cozy and homey like listening to the same fairy tale every night when you are a kid.

and. to all veterans today, I salute you.

No comments: