Saturday, January 12, 2013

True Blue & Traveling in Time

valentine2b2013 by megan_n_smith_99
valentine2b2013, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is another one of my beaded pantings - True Blue. The canvas is 4x4" and it's listed on Etsy.

It's been a clear and cold day, I hid inside and drew and read. I finished reading Stephen King's 11/22/63 a couple of days ago. It was pretty good but probably could have benefited from a little pruning by an editor. The sex scenes really could have benefited from some more fade-outs and ellipses. They were sort of embarrassing. As if you'd walked in on something you should not have. I'd have rather have had that left up to my imagination -if even that.

But I know a lot of people loved it - I have a few recommendations for you if you liked it and /or would like to read some other quirky books featuring time Travel:

To Say Nothing of the Dog, Doomsday Book, Blackout, and All Clear by Connie Willis

A Tale of Time City by Diana Wynne Jones

Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

&

The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers

If you try any of those, let me know what you think! I am reading a book about Queen Victoria and Prince Albert now.

&

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
— W.B. Yeats

No comments: