Saturday, January 26, 2013

Namaste

Namaste by megan_n_smith_99
Namaste, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This little painting is 5x5" and features a beaded figure with a ceramic face from Earthenwood studio. I did the beading on ultrasuede, then I glued it to the painted canvas. I used a bunch of different techniques for the canvas - some collage layering, patina paint, and acrylic paint.

This sweet little tiny painting can be hung anyplace you need a reminder to breathe!

Speaking of breathing...
Yesterday was a rare day - it actually was sunny for part of the day and got up to the 50s! This sometimes happens in Seattle for a day or 2 in February, but to get a day like that in January felt like a real gift. Enough to make me want to live here in winter. Of course it's grey and raining today. I walked down to Starbucks, enjoying the sun, and then I enjoyed a tea latte and sat and drew. I attracted a small flock of children who wanted to see what I was doing. It's been a while since I drew in public - It's always enjoyable!


Namaste
5x5"
Acrylic, mixed media, & beadwork
available on Etsy

No comments: