Monday, December 10, 2012

Twilight Tree & A Few Thoughts of Hibernation.

Twilight Tree by megan_n_smith_99
Twilight Tree, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Here is my latest. And Maybe I am painting too many trees and need to take a break? I had a notion to paint a whale but I have not gotten to it yet. Portions of this particular tree also grace items in my Zazzle shop and the original can be found on Etsy Shop.

I am afraid, as is so often the case, that I've been under the weather. For the last 3 weeks. I had not been this bad since February. I really recommend avoiding autoimmune issues if you can possibly avoid it. I keep saying I am going to go to the doctor if it does not get better - maybe this week. I don't really know what they can do and am mostly just trying to be patient and not leaving the house much. I've done some knitting and reading. I've painted when I can but sometimes I just just do better with something a bit more rote.

I am, like many of you I am sure, getting ready for the holidays, or trying to. I am making nearly all of my gifts. I sometimes think my family has gotten tired of homemade gifts from me -- at least my friends aren't showing any signs of being tired of it! We'll see what really happens. I sort of just want to hibernate, really. I am sure there is still some DNA in my genetic code that would enable me to hibernate - I just need to activate it. Any ideas? I have an electric blanket so I think I am good to go.

No comments: