Thursday, September 20, 2012

Harvest Soup

Harvest Soup by megan_n_smith_99
Harvest Soup, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.
Autumn is in the air. It's been pretty nice here - some people think too nice - but I am enjoying it. Still, the nights are getting cooler, the air feels thinner, and Starbuck's has rolled out the pumpkin spice lattes. I made apple crisp yesterday and the house still smells good. I have not made soup yet this year but I am sure I will soon. Or maybe I will make chili. My famous almost-no-spice chili.

I got some pumpkin at the store today and we'll see what i do with it - there are really so many options!

And there is a Western Scrub Jay who has been singing outside my window every afternoon this week. No one is answering him, either. A little research indicates they are not supposed to live this far North, but either that's wrong or this guy is lost. I hope he makes his way south soon. Pretty soon the crows will dominated the urban landscape, with the odd seagull or heron near the water.

Harvest Soup
5 x 5 inches
watercolor
available on Etsy.

No comments: