Thursday, April 5, 2012

Under Ancient Seas

Under Ancient Seas by megan_n_smith_99
Under Ancient Seas, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I found out on Monday that I am anemic and short on vitamin D. I've started taking supplements and I hope it helps! All this year I've been getting out of breath so easily.

I finished this painting - Coelacanths and ammonites and trilobites and cuttlefish - oh my! It's available on Etsy.

Yesterday I babysat, and the kids were really pretty good and I tried to be fun and play with them even though I just wanted to lie on the floor. The little boy might have been convinced to take a nap on the floor with me but the little girl seems to have forgotten how wonderful naps are.

And then I went to Daniel Smith and used a gift certificate I had been hoarding. I got some colored pencils, a few brushes and markers, and a watercolor block because it was on sale. I am set for paper for a while.

When I was young, maybe 5th or 6th grade, We had a book shelf in the room which anyone could borrow books from. They were mostly scholastic paperbacks. There was one about the Coelacanth - that was my 1st introduction to those strange creatures. Here is a snippit on them from wikipedia, "Coelacanths belong to the subclass Actinistia, a group of lobed-finned fish that are related to lungfish and certain extinct Devonian fish such as osteolepiforms, porolepiforms, rhizodonts, and Panderichthys. Coelacanths were thought to have gone extinct in the Late Cretaceous, but were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of South Africa."

No comments: