Sunday, April 8, 2012

Heron

Heron by megan_n_smith_99
Heron, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Happy Easter!

It's been a beautiful sunny weekend. Yesterday I lay in the sun and read and later painted by my sunny window. I finished Tim Power's latest, Hide Me Among the Graves. It's a sort-of sequel to The Stress of Her Regard. Only Tim Powers could combine Shelley, Lord Byron, Queen Boudica, Christina and Dante Gabriel Rossetti, ghosts, and vampires - and set it under london - and make it just about plausible. A wild romp indeed.

And I am listening to the audio book of Little Big, as read by the author, John Crowley. The audio book just came out. I love Little Big and it won the world fantasy award in 1982. This version is a version sort of edited by the author, I was sort of surprised because my copy was the original, and part of me wants to go through and document all the differences but fortunately I've resisted the urge.

Today I went to visit my friends the Backmans for Easter. It was fun watching the kids hunt for easter eggs and then watching them see how much sugar they could consume before their parents put the breaks on. I still do not know how people manage to be parents 24/7!

This Heron is my most recent painting.
Heron
7.5 x 9.5"
watercolor and ink

No comments: