Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Patterns from Churchmouse

Churchmouse Yarns and Teas is one of my favorite yarn stores. They bring together 2 of my favorite things! Well, 3, actually, as I am quite fond of mice as well. And they have a wonderful selection of hand-dyed yarn, my favorite. Also a very nice tweed selection. The shop is on Bainbridge Island, in Winslow, a short walk from the ferry terminal. It's so easy to walk on the ferry in downtown seattle. I don't drive but even if I did I'd rather pay the walk-on fare than the car and driver fare! It's a beautiful ferry ride, too. I also recommend visiting Blackbird Bakery, Mora Ice Creamery, and Eagle Harbor books, all within a couple blocks of Churchmouse.
Anyway, my NEWS is that Churchmouse has http://www.churchmouseyarns.com/collections/churchmouse-classics-patterns. has released 6 new patterns today, including 2 skirt patterns. I took the skirt class there, taught by Carol Lansinger, and it was the best knitting class I ever took. I learned things in it to apply to designing or redesigning any pattern - and yes, I recently finished knitting a skirt.

No comments: