Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Little Things

  by megan_n_smith_99
, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Sometimes It is the Little things that get you by. I was not feeling very well today. I went and sat outside for a little while on my lunch break, but it was pretty cold and grey. So I went into Westlake Mall and they have this store that just moved upstairs and I had not been in for a few years. It's called Daiso (which is how they translate Dollar Store into Katakana). Anyway almost everything there is $1.50. Cute Japanese stuff for $1.50? Sign me up! I got some stocking stuffers and this origami paper and some ribbons for myself. I don't know why I need so many origami boxes but I still feel compelled to make them. Does anyone need some? Seriously! I am also getting better at folding cranes. Everyone I know may get Daiso gifts for Christmas decorated with cranes. They even have bento boxes and rice bowls. I am such a sucker for cute OR just lovely rice bowls, I will be going back soon! Anyway, it brightened my day and distracted me a bit from not feeling well.

Do you have any favorite origami projects?

No comments: