Monday, March 25, 2013

Shaman Beaded Painting

Shaman by megan_n_smith_99
Shaman, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I have been doing beaded paintings as of late and this is one of my favorites. I just loved the frame and I made the piece specifically to go with it. The ceramic face is from Earthenwood. I also used seed beads, glass beads, a freshwater pearl, and a copper feather charm. The frame is 4 & 3/8 x 3 & 1/2" and the beaded portion is 3 & 1/4 x 2 & 1/8".

I was feeling like a hermit today, but I managed to get a doctor's appointment when someone canceled, forcing me to leave the house. After my appointment and stopping by the lab, I felt inspired to sit in the sun and read for a while. I am glad something gave me an excuse to do that! And I must do it again tomorrow if it is at all nice out. I know some of you are digging out from under snow right now -- I hope Spring arrives for you soon!

Shaman is available on Etsy.

No comments: