Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tree Spirit

Tree Spirit by megan_n_smith_99
Tree Spirit, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is a painting I was working on last week:

Tree Spirit
8x10"
Watercolor, Ink, & pencil
Available on Etsy.

Over the last couple of days i have been doing some cleaning and organizing. Though I must say, it still looks like an artist lives here. I also hung a lot more art on the walls. Some might say it's too busy -- I am sure my stepfather would say that, as he prefers bare walls, perhaps he finds them soothing - but I am pleased that a lot of the piles are frames are no longer reclining in front of the fireplace. Though they will be replaced by more framed artwork when I take down the work I have at Cafe Lati at the end of the month. (See sidebar for info on that.)

Someone told me there are 2 kinds of artists - thought who have their own work on their walls and those that have the work of others on their walls. I think I am about half and half. I'm not sure what that means.

No comments: