Sunday, December 4, 2011

Seed Stitch Scarf

Seed Stitch Scarf by megan_n_smith_99
Seed Stitch Scarf, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I made this scarf this weekend. I have not decided what I will do with it yet... maybe it will be a present for someone.

The yarn:Becoming Art Adventurous Yarn Club 2010 "Potion". worsted merino,
200 yards.
needles: size 7
Stitch: Seed stitch
Finished Size: 40 x 5"

The yarn is mostly a sort of rust / olive with flecks of a lot of other colors, mostly warm colors.

I knit most of it this weekend visiting friends. My friend Karen and I had a nice afternoon of knitting and playing with the kids on Friday then I spent the night and yesterday we went out to pancakes and they had a gluten free menu! i got pancakes!

then we went out to a u-cut tree farm near the foothills. ingrid (age 4) and I had a lovely little nature walk. we admired the different trees. we looked to see how you could tell new growth from old growth. i explained how fir needles are specialized leaves. we examined the little nubbins that will turn into pine cones. we counted tree rings on some of the stumps to see how old the trees were. she found some snail shells and we took home the empty ones. she took home a pine cone. we found many different types of mushrooms, some teensy, and some self / bracket fungus which i love. we even saw some deer poop. Do deer eat Christmas trees?

No comments: