Sunday, June 5, 2011

Scenes from a walk in Ballard

Today I took a long walk around Ballard. I was tired but my brain was whirling too fast and sometimes it's best to get out and see the world instead of the inside of your own mind. So I walked down Market and up to Sunset Hill, near where my mother grew up. I went Sunset Hill park, one of the best views in the area. After stopping for some water and to read a bit I went North to the massive stairway - 258 stairs - down to the beach. Last time I climbed up, today I went down. I rested a bit at the beach, people watching, and then came back to my house via the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks. The locks opened in 1917 - my grandmother was present for the occasion.

I took a few photos on the way, mostly details of botanical life as inspiration for my drawings and paintings. I only had my iphone camera with me so I got what detail I could. I am not sure what these plants here are but they were grown in a rockery and the little green-grey critters look like succulents.

No comments: