Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Passion


010808ac1
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

it's funny that i use so much color in my artwork, because in my every day life i mostly wear brown and black and grey. though i do have some colorful jewelry and knitted items! this is a painting i did a couple years ago. i love combining cool colors with warm colors, and here i did that mostly by going towards fuchsia and orange - red would have been too much for my faint heart! maybe too much like christmas - i don't know but red is the trickiest color for me to work with. just looking at this painting makes me want to go paint, but i have to get ready for my "real" job.

"Colour helps to express light, not the physical phenomenon, but the only light that really exists, that in the artist's brain."
Henri Matisse, 1945.

i listed 2 more pairs of bead embroidered earrings on Etsy.

No comments: