Wednesday, September 22, 2010

owl fairy


fairy
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

this is another one of my pins i made using a ceramic face from earthenwood studio. i am working on some more! i hope the headache that is fighting me will settle down so i can get some good beading and painting time in tonight. i finished the audio book i was listening to, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I've read the book but it had been a while - such an amazing book. I am not sure what to listen to next. I checked and the selection of audio books available by Isabel Allende and Gabriel Garcia Marquez is pretty slim. I sort of feel like magical realism - but I am open to other suggestions if you have any!

4 comments:

karen said...

I recomend the Tea House Fire. It is a mystery of ancient Japan. If you are a fan of Japanese culture and history you will enjoy this.It is narrated by an award winning narrator. It was my first audio book i listened to and was mesmerized by it!! Enjoy!!Karen

Megan Noel said...

thank you, Karen! i put a reserve for the audio book at the library - I am a fan of Japanese culture! I took a year of Japanese in college - would love to take more - and I eat mochi for lunch almost every day!

Megan Noel said...

karen, i wanted to thank you for your recommendation of the Tea House Fire. I listened to it and loved it!

karen said...

Glad you enjoyed the book! I actually found it by accident at B&N for 10.00! I've lent it out to a friend and look forward to listening to it again. Another favorite comtemporary japanese author is Sujata Massey. I found this author by accident too...she writes about modern day Japan, very light and easy to read mysteries. It would be good to start with her first one...The Salary Man. They are in kind of a series. The same characters are used in all the books. Very enjoyable to me. Loved your tea art inspired by the book! Happy reading and listening. Karen