Wednesday, November 26, 2008

nest


condo
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

Camilla blogged her "nest" so i thought i would blog mine. this is my bed. a 1920s bed. The quilt is the Haberdashery pattern from Pottery Barn. The Blanket is from
Pendleton Mills (I need to press it!) I believe it is called Spirit Quest -- it is a pretty recent design. You can see a number of prints on the walls -- Naomi Novak, Audrey Kawasaki.. three originals by Anna Barrow are on the little table. The Watercolor on the mantle and the pen and inks were by me. The Native American Girl is a Curtis Print -- not a very good one. I would love to own that photogravure some day. It's my favorite of all his photos and is called Mosa Mohave. (Mohave Girl).

2 comments:

Camilla La Mer-Soul Art Dolls said...

Thank you for sharing your "nest" as well. It is lovely and cozy looking. I have the Spirit Quest blanket on my bed too! What a nice surprise. I love how you used it as a backdrop...It looks like you may have a fireplace too...I will look more closely at Mosa Mohave. I have not seen her before...

Megan Noel said...

that is neat that we have the same blanket! i would have more pendletons if i had a place to put them! i do have one other, the one Chihuly designed, which was a gift. i had pendleton put the hanger on the spirit quest blanket, which they will do for a little extra for any blanket you buy directly from them. the fireplace is electric! it came with the place. sometimes i think of taking it out! i do not use it for heat since my condo stays toasty without using much heat at all.. :)