Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Secret Garden Heart

Secret Garden Heart by megan_n_smith_99
Secret Garden Heart, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I am still beading away.. well, I was. Then I vacuumed. And now I think I will take a little break from beading and enjoy having a clean carpet. The really great thing about my carpet is that it's really flat and no beads can hide in it. The really awful thing about my carpet is that it's really flat and no beads can hide in it.

So I've gone over to pen & ink for the day. And reading about Queen Victoria. I've just read the note of condolence that Abraham Lincoln sent her after the death of Prince Albert. It was quite sad. And of course he died not too much later. (Albert died in 1861, Lincoln in 1865.) I don't know if she sent a letter to Mary Lincoln. That would be interesting to know - and it reminds me that I need to go see Lincoln. Did you see it? What did you think?

This painting is:
Secret Garden Heart
4x4"
Available on Etsy.

No comments: