Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Beadwork

111907beads2 by megan_n_smith_99
111907beads2, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is an in-progress shot of some beadwork I did a few years ago. I really loved the fabric. I had just gotten home from a trip to Taos and the color + the silver horse reminded me of the Southwest. This is still a favorite piece of mine.


I did some beadwork today - working on a couple of new paintings. And I did a little pinning of beadwork for inspiration. You can look at that Here if you need some inspiration! But don't spend too long looking. There is only so much time you can spend looking at other people's art. You need to go make your own. I sometimes get inspiration from other beaders, but actually am more likely to be inspired by other things - landscapes, nature, a favorite quote. And the fabric I bead on and the beads themselves provide quite a bit of inspiration.

What inspires you?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Lovely bead work on this piece, Megan! All the elements work so well.

I’m inspired by nature, imagination, and experiments. Right now, after working with acrylic for years, I’m trying out watercolors, mainly in art journals.

Happy Creating!