Monday, January 7, 2013

Orphelia & a Little Music, a Little Silence.

Orphelia by megan_n_smith_99
Orphelia, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is my latest pen & ink. I finished it Saturday. Saturday was rather relaxing. I unplugged from social media for most of the day. just went about my day, listening to some music, and some silence, and it was peaceful.

Claude Debussy said, “Music is the space between the notes.” Maybe creativity is the space between ideas that other sources are feeding you -- tv, facebook, netflix, etc. In any case sometimes shutting down feels good. Everything in its place and time. So much input can be overwhelming and I find it hard to focus. I find myself drawing, sitting next to my computer, maybe glancing over from time to time to see if "anything has happened". thinking of something interesting and then googling it -- none of those things are exactly wastes of time but they may be a waste of focus.

think about it.

Orphelia
11 x 14"
Pen and ink

No comments: