Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birdlore

Birdlore by megan_n_smith_99
Birdlore, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Birdlore
11 x 14"
Pen & Ink
Available on Etsy
This is a drawing I finished over the weekend. And then I did some exercises for carpal tunnel. Actually, painting is a lot easier on the arms / wrists / hands than drawing is. And I'd had a flu shot so eventually I just decided to take a break and read. I read a book about Victoria and Albert, then a book about infectious disease (good thing I got my flu shot), and now I am reading
Modern American Memoirs: 1917-1992, edited by Annie Dillard. It's really good, and includes "such diverse writers as Margaret Mead, Malcolm X, Maxine Hong Kingston, Loren Eisely, and Zora Neale Hurston."

I think after all that nonfiction, I think I might need to cleanse my mental palate with some fiction. What are you reading?

Ok. I am off to work on an octopus painting.


No comments: