Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Palace of Dreams

Palace of Dreams by megan_n_smith_99
Palace of Dreams, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I have been taking my minaret series into more of a fairy tale land. Actually, I may end up assigning these newest works to a new series, once I figure out where I am going with it. The onion domes and minarets are still present, but as for the rest it's gone into a more fantastical land.

Speaking of which, I could swear that when I was growing up I read a fairy tale about a castle build of ice cream. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to know if this is a real story or just something I dreamed up.

Still not feeling well but I am going to the doctor tomorrow. Actually I think I will make another doctor's appoint as well, I probably need to see both of them.

I am going to take it easy today but If I feel well enough I will finish 2 little watercolors I am working on. Art keeps me going somehow.

Palace of Dreams
8 x 10 inches
Watercolor and ink on paper.
Available on Etsy.

1 comment:

Tara Finlay said...

The only reference I can find on the web to "a castle built of ice cream" is from a VC Andrews novel!