Saturday, January 7, 2012

Forest Dwellers

Forest Dwellers by megan_n_smith_99
Forest Dwellers, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Yesterday my friend Janusz helped me go take down my art at Mosaic Coffeehouse in Wallingford (Seattle). Then we went and had pho - I can't believe he can eat a whole large sized pho- and then we ran a few errands. I don't think Janusz can walk past a library without going in and I had a book to pick up anyway. I was musing about libraries - I've been to 2 this week, in the middle of the day, and they were both PACKED. Here is Seattle we take out reading, dvd viewing, and cd listening seriously. No to mention web surfing and researching and I don't know all what else.

I finished this painting last night. I have painted a number of paintings of fish swimming through the forest and I think it goes back to a dream I had when I was a teenager. A Magic salmon who granted wishes left my a little white box and I knew it was something wonderful but I never opened it. I guess I will never know what was in that box.

I think today might be a day from pajamas.

Forest Dwellers
8 x 10"
watercolor, ink, and colored pencil on paper
available on Etsy

No comments: