Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November Knitting

Knitting by megan_n_smith_99
Knitting, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

I feel like I have not had a whole lot to say lately. This is something I am knitting - maybe I will show you when it is done. It's for a friend of my mother's. I hope I don't run out of yarn! It's Koigu. I have not used this pattern before so we will see.

I'd like to knit something in NW Autumn colors. Of course I knit and paint a lot of things in what I guess you'd call New England fall colors - though I've never (yet) been there. NW fall colors are more green with some flashes of red, orange, or gold. What I can see from my condo is mainly green and gold. There are lots of evergreens here so in winter it will be grey and gold. I am glad Seattle has so many trees. I'd like more, of course, but there really are a lot more here than some other places.

I have been experimenting with some new watercolor paper. One of the pads I got I thought I did not like but I've decided to use it for pen and ink w/ maybe a little watercolor or mixed media. The other one I do like but am still figuring out its properties. So hopefully I will have a new painting to show you soon. My sister sent me some Daniel Smith watercolors for my birthday, and she was surprised how small the tubes are, but they last such a long time! They will probably last me at very least a year. She sent mostly greens so maybe I will paint a NW Autumn.

No comments: