Monday, November 7, 2011

getting ready

sketch journal by megan_n_smith_99
sketch journal, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

i have spent the last couple days getting my art ready for a trunk show i am doing. it always amazes me how long this takes, even though i should know how long it takes since i used to be a professional "get art ready-er".

everything needed to be priced, and places in acid free protective bags with acid free cardboard. some pieces got matted. everything got labeled and i made my list. this is less elaborate than what i would do for a gallery, since the only one relying on my information is ME. i wish i'd been feeling better, things would have gotten done sooner.


at least i know how to do all of these things but i tell you if my art ship ever comes in i am hiring a helper who will be my: registrar, archivist, webmaster, and shipping department. i already have someone picked out...

so hopefully tomorrow will go well. then Wednesday i get ready to go hang art in a coffee shop on Thursday. Most of it is ready to go so that won't take too long. I'll see if I can add some more pieces over what i showed in Ballard, it depends on what sells tomorrow and what frames I have in my random frame stash. I might buy 1 or 2 larger frames if I have something to fit in them - and I think I do.

My art is going to be at stuff what I like for an extra month! So if you have not made it up there yet, you have some more time. And they are adding soups to the menu, which I look forward to trying.

Info on the trunk show and SWIL can be found on the sidebar.

No comments: