Sunday, November 16, 2014

Snippits and Monsters

I want to share a few snippits from Ray Bradbury that have amused me. These are from Zen in the Art of Writing, published in 1994. It is a collection of essays written at various times over his career.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you" -- I think this can apply to any creative endeavor.

"I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows, or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room."

"Bees do have a smell, you know, and if they don't they should, for their feet are dusted with spices from a million flowers."

I am not done with the book yet. I will probably have some more snippits to share. I find the very best books on writing could probably equally well apply to drawing or painting - okay, maybe not Elements of Style, but certainly Bird by Bird and Writing Down the Bones.

Here are some more of my imaginary lands, inhabited by imaginary creatures, places I hope to visit one day.

In other news, I have added a few new listings to my Etsy Shop this weekend, just in time for holiday shopping.

No comments: