Monday, October 21, 2013

Meandering Watercolor

Watercolor by megan_n_smith_99
Watercolor, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is something I was working on last week, and should get back to. I miss having more time to paint but I am making an effort to at least paint for a little while most days.  I can really tell a difference if I stop for even a few days -- I have to ease my way back into it if I do. Maybe my paints and brushes miss me when I'm "gone."   Actually I have a couple of paintings I am working on now - though more usually I focus on one at a time.

This painting is a good antidote to today. The fog never entirely cleared. I work on First Hill - also called Pill Hill, because there are several hospitals there. Looking down across downtown to the water,  I could not tell where the water ended and the sky began. The horizon was lost. You just had to take it on faith that there were mountains there, across the water, that you were not looking out from the end of the world.  

No comments: