Friday, November 2, 2012

Starting to Be & Neverwas

Art Journal by megan_n_smith_99
Art Journal, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

This is one of the recent pages in my big art journal. I've started a mini one - classic moleskine sketchbook that i am going to try to fill in November - sort of artist version of NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. I hope I can get it done - we'll see. I am not feeling very well today.

I did this page a week or two ago and the title is an odd juxtaposition against what become the title of this page - Starting to be & Neverwas?

Yesterday I rewatched a movie that I think is under-rated. It's called Neverwas. It was in the Toronto Film Festival but then for some reason never had a theatrical release - just went straight to DVD. For anyone who has ever fallen in love with a book or tried to heal through art and imagination. I also found this website done by Matthew Cogswell, the production designer. The visuals were impressive. I have seen this movie twice already and I am sure I will watch it again something. It's on Netflix instant right now.

No comments: