Wednesday, November 9, 2011

sketch journal

sketch journal by megan_n_smith_99
sketch journal, a photo by megan_n_smith_99 on Flickr.

Last night was "Shop Till you Drop" - an annual trunk show put on that benefits local women and children in need. This was the first year I have participated. Sales were slow, but that seemed to be the case for everyone and they seemed like a nice group of women so i think i will try again next year. I sold 3 watercolor paintings and handed out a lot of business cards.

I was so glad my friend Janusz was there to help me transport and set up art work and to general keep me company. I am a bit high strung and it helps to have a someone with me. Hm, I guess that makes sense since I play violin (sometimes not as often as i should) and he plays viola - which shares 3 strings with the violin and then has 1 lower string. We did, during the course of the evening, between discussions of books and movies, discuss the merits of playing upright bass. I am too small but he could do it. I hope he does sometime.

This is sort of rambling but I guess my thoughts are a bit rambling now. Since I brought up stringed instruments I'll tell you what music I've been listening to most lately:
Violin: David Garrett: Rock Symphonies
Violin: Ducan Chisholm: The Door of Saints
Violin: Martin Hayes (anything of his is wonderful)
Cello: Adam Hurst: Ritual
Cello: 2CELLOS: 2CELLOS
Cello: Zoe Keating: 1 Cello x 16: Natoma
Cello: Christine Fellows: 2 Little Birds
Assorted Strings: Kristin Hersh: Strings

No comments: