Tuesday, October 5, 2010

beaded autumn angel


beaded angel
Originally uploaded by megan_n_smith_99

it is certainly feeling like autumn in the northwest. it's getting nipper and foggier and there has been more rain in the forecast (plus much more to come.) i am sitting at my desk eating chicken soup with rice. (canned, i am afraid. My stepfather would blanch at the sodium content. Fortunately I have low-normal blood pressure and my doctor actually told me to eat a little more salt.)

This angel is something I was working on last week. I have not been feeling very well but have still done some art as I am able mostly little projects i can do curled up in bed, leaning against my headboard.

i've also been listening to audio books, most recently Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children, which is wonderful. A wonderful book and the reader really adds a lot to my appreciation and understanding. It's both an excellent magical realism novel and an exposure to the history of India and Pakistan.Definitely a different perspective than my earliest exposure to the history of that time period - through the film Ghandi which I think I saw twice in the 6th or 7th grade.

I have some new watercolors too that I need to scan - I'll see how much energy I have when I go home tonight!

No comments: